Scammonden Water Sailing Club (SWSC) is approved to run the RYA approved Powerboat Level 1 & 2 courses that teach the essentials for using safety RIBs. The club also offers the RYA Safety Boat course which provides the skills required when acting as a safety boat or coach boat for a fleet of dinghies, windsurfers or canoes, or for racing or training activities. The accreditation from both courses is recognised throughout the UK.
The following courses are already scheduled for 2018:
- Powerboat Level 2 – 9/10 April
- Powerboat Level 2 – 14/15 April
- Powerboat Level 1 – 20 May (N.B. The Powerboat Level 1 course is not a prerequisite for the Level 2 course)
- Safety Boat – 26/27 May (N.B. Powerboat Level 2 is a prerequisite for this course)
- Powerboat Level 2 or Safety Boat – 21/22 July (dependent on interest)
These courses are available to non-club members as well as SWSC members. If you want to find out more information you can contact our Training Principle, Ian Turrell, (club members) or get in touch using the contact form below.